Here’s a nice little ‘end of the weekend’ project for you guys: enable FaceTime on your iPad. The hack installs the iPod touch 4 FaceTime application on the iPad, with a full-screen, optimized user interface. Although the iPad user will not be shown due to the lack of a camera, the audio still works and the mute button is present, too.
NOTE: do it at your own risk. We are not responsible for your screw-ups
- UISounds folder all from iPhone 4 or iPod Touch 4 firmware and a Jailbroken iPad running 4.2.1 (works on untethered and tethered)
1. SSH to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
2. Rename Conference.framework to ConferenceiPad.framework and IMCore.framework to IMCoreiPad.framework
3. Upload the Conference.framework and IMCore.frameworks from the iPod Touch 4 or iPhone 4 to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
4. Navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ and download the K48AP.plist for editing.
venice under the capabilities array, then upload the modified version to SpringBoard.app on the iPad replacing the unmodified version
6. Upload the ConferenceRegistrationSettings.bundle from the iDevice 4 to /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/
7. Navigate to /System/Library/Frameworks/AVFoundation.framework/K48/ and rename AVCaptureSession.plist to AVCaptureSession.bak2
8. Upload the AVCaptureSession.plist from the iPod Touch 4 /System/Library/Frameworks/AVFoundation.framework/N81/ or /System/Library/Frameworks/AVFoundation.framework/N90/ from the iPhone 4
9. Navigate to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/K48/ and rename AVCapture.plist to AVCapture.bak2
10. Upload the AVCapture.plist from the iPod Touch 4 /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N81/ or /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N90/ from the iPhone 4
11. To get the sounds woking navigate to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/ and put vc~ended.caf, vc~invitation-accepted.caf, and vc~ringing.caf from the iDevice 4 into the iPad’s UISounds folder
12. Navigate to /Applications/Preferences.app/ and download the Settings.plist
13. Remove the requieredCapabilites key from item number 26, save, then replace the version on the iPad with modified version
14. Edit the info.plist in the MobilePhone.app that is from the iDevice 4. Change CFBundleDisplayName~ipod to CFBundleDisplayName~ipad, CFBundleIconFiles~ipod to CFBundleIconFiles~ipad, CFBundleURLTypes~ipod to CFBundleURLTypes~ipad, UILaunchImageFile~ipod to UILaunchImageFile~ipad, and add a 2 to the UIDeivceFamily array.
15. Replace the Default~ipod.png with the attached file
16. Navigate to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.Framework/ and rename bottombarknobgreen.png to bottombarknobgreenT.png
17. Reboot and enjoy FaceTime