Are you a developer interested in how to enable iPad multitasking gestures in iOS 4.3 so you can test them with your apps? They’re not there by default but if you have the iOS 4.3 GM seed and Xcode, you can turn them on. We’ll show you how after the break!
When you first install iOS 4.3 GM there are no multitasking gestures enabled and if you go to Settings there’s no place to turn them on.
In order to get the Gestures Settings to show up, you have to do a little work. But only a little:
- Connect your iPad to your Mac via the Dock cable
- Launch Xcode
- From the device manager, select your iPad
- Click on “Use this device for development”
- Login with your Apple Developer ID and password
- Once it’s done processing, go back to your iPad and tap Settings
- In Settings go to General and you’ll see the toggle for multitasking Gestures. Turn them on!
That’s it, you’re done! You can now 4-finger pinch your way back to the home screen and swipe between apps!