Started downloading a big game or navigation app and need to stop the install and delete the app? If you’re running the new iOS 4.3 for iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad you’ve now got the ability to do just that. Sure you could always pause a download and you still can but sometimes you might just want the app gone, gone, gone. We’ll show you how to do it after the break!
Under iOS 4.3 if you start a big app download you can now stop it, cancel the install, and delete the app without having to wait for it to finish first. You can do this with small apps as well but they’re usually so quick it doesn’t make a big difference. 500MB to 1.5GB downloads — big difference! Now if you just want to pause the download you can still tap the app to do just that (and tap it again to continue the download) but here’s how to nuke it completely:
- Tap and hold the icon (any icon really) to enter Jiggly mode.
- When the X badge appears in the top left corner of the app icon, tap it.
- A notice will pop up asking you to confirm the delete, tap to confirm.
- That’s it.
Yes, it’s identical to deleting an app after it’s installed but the difference is you no longer have to wait for the install to finish first. Pre-emptive deletion is ours at last!
Have any questions? Any other great app management tips? Let us know in comments!
Incoming search terms:
- how to stop an app from installing on ipod
- stop installation of facebook app
- stop an app from installing on an ipod
- iphone how to stop installing an app
- ipad apps how to stop apps from installing
- how to stop installing somthing on ios 6
- how to stop installation of an app on ipad
- how to stop downloading games on iPad
- how to stop an install on ipad icon
- how to stop an app installing on ipad
Powered by Facebook Comments