New day, new update in Cydia: biteSMS. biteSMS is a great alternative to the default messaging app and comes with lots of extra features like smileys, Quick Reply, Quick Compose, privacy, scheduled SMS, passcode lock, delivery reports, signatures, and much more!
You can simply use biteSMS as a souped-up replacement to the built-in Messaging application, and send messages via your mobile carrier as you normally do.
In addition, if your mobile carrier charges a lot for sending SMS messages (internationally for example), you can buy credits and send messages via the biteSMS network, which can be much cheaper.
New in v5.2:
- TextFreek integration (text for FREE!!!) – See biteSMS, Settings, TextFreek.
- iOS 4.3 compatibility.
- New feature for the default send method to be ‘Remember per Contact’. Especially useful when you’d like to switch to using the biteSMS network for specific friends (say international or not included in your carriers unlimited plan).
- Added ringtone support for iOS 4.2.1 such that biteSMS now interacts correctly with the new iOS per contact ringtone feature.
- For biteSMS Ringtones (packaged or in directory structure) the volume is now reduced by 50% if headphones are plugged-in.
- With privacy set, the [Open] and [Call] buttons should display as active / inactive as expected.
- Fixed up bug when composing a new scheduled message it did not always show the scheduled clock icon.
biteSMS is available in Cydia Store via BigBoss repo…