Firewall iP is the only security app of its kind and offers many advance features like getting WhoIs-informations about the host.
- Block outgoing TCP & UDP connections selectively
- Shows you the hostname for the connection & can provide you with WhoIs information
- Block connections of apps when you are on a cellular network
- Block analytic providers / data collectors which PrivaCy can’t
- Block unneeded content
Firewall iP got updated to v2.0 and comes with the following changelog:
- full IPv6 support (be advised that many Internet Service Providers don’t even support IPv6 yet, so if you aren’t able to access a IPv6 only server, it’s not FiP’s fault )
- all new rules are being saved with date and time. Now you can look up which rules you created last
- totally new way of showing the popup.
- redesigned popup
- Option to have the Deny Tab in front (Settings in the GUI)
- a field on the PoPup which shows the url (TCP) or the data packet (UDP) (if possible)
- if the hostname has more than 2 parts (more than xyz.com), when you tap on the selector for “normal, *, and *.” you’ll be able to select parts of the hostname the rule will apply to
- Option to Import/Export FiP settings (one file) so you can easily backup your stuff (Settings in the GUI)
- support for port ranges
- many other enhancements and fixes
- GameCenter support: added support for the game center daemon (a process which runs in the background). You’ll have to REBOOT your device after installation to enable this (Saurik will fix that in a future MobileSubstrate update). IMPORTANT: because game center is actually an own progress which runs in the background and starts running when a game needs it, rules applied to the Game Center Daemon will affect all apps. You can use allow/deny (all) session to make changes for every game.
Firewall iP is available for $2.99 in Cydia Store via BigBoss repo…