So, a couple of days ago Apple pushed iOS 4.3beta1 for developers. Ever since we got tones of emails and requests about how to jailbreak this beta. We have no idea why you would want to run beta software ( unless you are a developer ) , and why would you want to jailbreak it ( although most important jailbreak *things* work – like mobilesubstrate ). But if you want it, we got it. We spent almost a week ( ok, 4 or 5 days ), trying to find the easiest way to jailbreak iOS 4.3beta1. We think, we finally found it, so let’s get into it.
1. LogIn to your developer account and download the beta software
3. Download bundle:
- iPhone ( remove the .zip extension from the file )
- iPad ( remove the .zip extension from the file )
We made these bundles, but if you want to create your own bundle… feel free to enter a world of pain.
and install it. If you would’ve done the jailbreak manually, most of you would be lost. You would’ve need to install macports, xpwn tool, ldid, bspatch etc. Now, ramdisk takes care of all the mess. All you need to do is install it, and once installed it will hook pwnagetool.
5. Take the bundle(s) you just downloaded and put them inside PwnageTool.
6. Load PwnageTool and create your custom firmware
7. Restore your iPhone/iPad with the custom firmware
8. Enjoy until iOS 4.3beta2 is out