There’s no secret that SHAtter can jailbreak the AppleTV 2G, and we even told you that the new Apple gadget is set up for installing applications. So, in the anticipation of a new jailbraking tool, let’s quickly review how to put your AppleTV in DFU mode.
1. Connect your AppleTV to your computer via a microUSB cable ( NOT included in the package by Apple )
2. On your AppleTV remote, hold Menu+Down for 6 seconds – you will see the LED blinking rapidly on your AppleTV
3. Now release the two buttons, and press Menu+Play button for another 6 seconds
4. Now you should see your AppleTV in iTunes
5. To get it out of DFU mode, press Menu+Play
I know we’re not the first to write about this, but we did it the best…