Chronic DevTeam just released the new greenpois0n update, which will allow us to apply an untethered jailbreak to our iOS devices running iOS 4.2.1 ( and iOS 4.1.1 ). At the moment, the tool is available only for mac users, but windows and probably linux support will come soon…
1. Download greenpois0n ( mirror download
) ( Chronic DevTeam removed the download link due some bugs which will be fixed in RC6. You can still download the software from our mirror, but be aware of the bugs. If something won’t work as advertised, it’a not your or our fault. The software is just buggy… )
2. Restore your iOS device to iOS 4.2.1. Note: if you need to unlock do not do this. Restoring to a stock FW will upgrade your baseband and you will loose the ability to unlock – probably forever.
3. Connect your iPhone and load greenpois0n
4. Click on Jailbreka and follow the instructions on the screen to put your iOS in recovery mode
5. Once in recovery mode, an automated process will start and will jailbreak your device.
6. After the jailbreak is done, you will have a new application on your springboard called Loader. Use it to install Cydia, then it will ask you if you want to remove it. You can, or you can keep it for nostalgia. A quick re-spring, and you now have Cydia. You know what to do next.
The custom animated bootlogo is bulit in right now. To apply our own custom animated bootlogos we will need an additional Cydia application which is not available at the moment. We will keep you informed. Stay tuned…