Our friends over at Redmond have surprised us pleasantly with the Bing app for iPhone last year. Today, they’ve launched an iPad version and it looks awesome. It’s the same like the iPhone version only, you know, bigger. It’s a free download
from the App Store and comes with all the features of the iPhone version.
The search app, or a decision engine as they call it, really takes advantage of the iPad’s display that comes into play when performing media-rich searches like movies, Bing homepage images, local businesses and so forth. The full list of features plus three more screenshots after the break.
• swipe through our touch enabled movie listings, news articles, trending topics, local businesses and other rich, immersive search results
• stay current with the latest news, traffic, weather, stock quotes, movies and popular searches from the main screen
• Bing Local and Map integration to help you find the places you are looking for from directions with real-time tracking to immersive road, traffic, aerial and “bird’s eye” views
• follow the latest news and trending topics with beautifully iPad optimized results with rich images and magazine inspired layouts
• tell Bing what you are searching for with voice activated search
• wonderful touch friendly, grid view of image searches, with source site details and full page preview
• easily navigate between Bing results and websites as Bing frames the site to make it easy to return the search or to launch a new one